Sunday, November 9, 2008

France day four

This is what the light looked like coming through our window every morning. I don't know why it is so much more beautiful than the light at home, but it was a joy to open my eyes to.


Sorry about the long break. Sometimes I just get really wrapped up in my life, and I forget to share it with everybody else. I will be finished with these vacations photos soon.

So, day four was a good one, maybe my favorite. We started with a little laundry. I just love a clothes line.

Bob and Gabe discuss the plans for the day.

And we're off. Summer, Bob, Storey, Gabe and I decided to take a drive to the Gorge Du Verdon, which can only be described as the Grand Canyon on this area, and also one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. Gabe loves to show off.
We made several stops, the first of which was to marvel at the fields of lavender.




This is a small town called La Palud Sur Verdon, nestled in the mountains.
The Gorge itself.


We went into the town and walked around a bit.
Got some water.
Met a dog.
Used the toilet.
Met a one-eyed cat.
Bought some cookies.
We then moved on to a bigger, but no less scenic town called Moustiers Ste. Marie. I went crazy here because it was so pretty and quaint and full of lovely things to photograph.



I love how all the homes have names and not just addresses.










Moustiers is famous for one kind of pottery and we were not sure exactly which it was, so i just documented it all.







Even towns like this have graffiti.






One more stop at the lavender before heading back.
I loved the countryside, the people, the architecture. I was in awe of everything we saw that day.

No comments: